Get ready for Volo BINGO!
In Volo Bingo, you’ll play the classic game with a few fun challenges along the way.
Play via Zoom, all you need is your computer/phone and a great attitude.
Take on players from all around the country and help us crown an Ultimate Bingo Master!
How it Works
• Play via Zoom, all you need is your computer/phone and a great attitude!
• 90 minutes of gameplay
• Team social before game!
• Each player receives an individual Virtual Bingo Card upon registration
• Group chat via Volo App, in-game on Zoom, or your preferred communication
Bingo Rules & Details
Game Play – After all questions are answered, the games begin! Your host will call bingo numbers one at a time, while you fill out your boards.
• During Bingo calls, your host will announce any Socials or Repeats. Games go in this order (until the event ends!)
• First Round: Traditional Bingo (5 in a row)
• Second Round: Four Corners (Board hits on all four corners)
• Third Round: Wild Card (your host can choose! Options – Cross, X, Perimeter)
• Fourth Round: Full Board (Board hits on every square)
Calling a Bingo
• If you believe you have reached a Bingo, yell ‘BINGO!’ At this point, the game will take a brief intermission so that your host can review your board.
• If you have a Bingo, you are awarded the winning title, the round ends, and all players are given time to clear their boards before the next round begins.
• If you call a False Bingo, you will be charged a social. The round will continue, and you will be required to sit out for the remainder of the round.
Socials are an opportunity for everyone to participate in challenges during number calling. Challenges will be announced by the host at the beginning of the game.
There are two types of Socials:
(1) Group Social – Everyone in the room is required to complete a challenge if any of the following numbers are called: Any ball with the number 5; Any ball with the number 10; B-8 (only the ladies!); O-69; A pet enters anyone’s screen; Anyone’s screen freezes
(2) Individual Socials – You can buy socials for anyone else in the room at any time throughout the game by Venmoing $2 per person to @VoloCity-Kids. We will be watching venmo throughout the game, and your host will announce individual socials as they come in! Make sure to put your target’s name in your Venmo memo so we know who to give the social to.
If at any point during the game you would like to see all the numbers that have been called, you may purchase a Repeat by Venmoing $2 to @VoloCity-Kids with the word “Repeat” in the memo. We will be watching Venmo throughout the game, and your host will announce any repeats as they come in. If a repeat is announced, gameplay will pause, and your host will reveal all called numbers on his or her screen for 10 seconds. After the ten seconds, numbers will be hidden again and the game can continue.
If it is determined that you called a False Bingo (one or more of the ‘hits’ on your board are incorrect), you will be charged a social. The round will continue, and you will be required to sit out for the remainder of that round.
If at any point in the game your host’s screen freezes, the game will take a brief pause. During this time, players are required to turn into “popsicles’ and freeze on the spot! You may unfreeze when your host yells “unfreeze!” Don’t let your host catch you moving – you might be charged a social!